Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lesson Planning

Whew... Lesson planning was a whole different thing for me to try to figure out! Since I am not an Education major, I've never made a lesson plan before. This assignment was a little different for the Interpreters. We were asked to plan a lesson as if we were teaching a workshop to teachers about how to use interpreters correctly. There are several different parts to lesson planning such as the materials that you will need prior to the workshop and the resources that you will be using. This assignment was very difficult for me because I couldn't really get a good understanding on what the point of the workshop was. In my lesson plan I taught the teachers a lot of basic signs that they could use with their students and also basic conversational phrases. I feel that this really helps them connect with their deaf students and that they have abilities to communicate without the interpreter!

No comments:

Post a Comment